2.11.2011

Coldest Canadian

My Dad told me about this contest Air New Zealand is putting on, the coldest Canadian.  You send in a video of why you are the coldest Canadian and if you get the most votes, you win a trip to New Zealand (25 'C in Auckland this morning).  I watched his video, which was pretty funny.  You can see it here: http://coldestcanadian.ca/coldest-canadian-0

Anyway, I watched a few others as well.  Some were pretty good, some were not so good.  It got me thinking, I wonder if the coldest Canadian has to be in Canada?  I think I may give some of them a run for their money.  Here's what I mean.  This was what I woke up to this morning:




I know you Canadians back home are thinking, snow?  Bah, hardly.  But what is important to remember is that my apartment, like most Japanese apartments, has no heating.  What's more, I also have little to no insulation.  I guess it is inaccurate to say I have no heating.  I do have a small space heater and a air conditioner/heater on the wall above the french doors.  But no central heating.  Therefore, if I want heat I have to get up and turn it on.  Now, 8C may not seem that cold, throw on a jacket and some mittens and your good to go.  But this is INSIDE my place.  I sleep in a toque and socks, and last night a hoodie as well.  I also have two blankets.  As I am wrtiting this, I've added a scarf (dangerous to sleep with a scarf on) another sweater, and have wrapped myself and my space heater in my blanket creating a tent of warmth.  But, winter should be over soon.  Then I will have to deal with the heat in Japan.  I prefer the cold.  Plus, with heat comes BUGS!!!

2 comments:

Wanderlost said...

Hi Babe, You might want to remove the hotlink from this site. I guess the contest is over and they just closed the site! The link doesn't take you anywhere. I tried to log onto the site to maybe see who won but it seems to have dissappeared entirely. Go figure!

Wanderlost said...

The site is back up and running again! Must have been a computer glitch.